A restaurant owner in Devon was shocked to find that a tumble dryer had caught fire causing £25,000 worth of damage, just two days after a paranormal investigation TV show had been aired.
The show featured ghost hunters investigating Rob Braddick’s 19th-century building, The Pier House, in Westward Ho!
The buliding is said to be haunted by spirits named Henry and Elizabeth.
The fire occurred in a machine next door to the ‘haunted house’.
Subscribe to Paranormality Magazine and get instant access to all our issues
as well as exclusive content.
After Rob posted about the fire on social media, locals speculated that the ghosts were to blame, upset that they had been exposed on TV.
Images of the fire damage show a blackened room with two burned-out tumble dryers beyond repair.
Rob jokingly posted that the dryers had been serviced by Elizabeth and Henry.
Rob bought the former B&B six years ago, and it is rumored to be haunted.
He invited TV producers to film there, and during filming last March, they claimed to have contacted the two spirits.
The restaurant was closed but reopened the next day with Rob remaining unconvinced that the ghosts were responsible for the blaze.
Rob is not a believer in ghosts and plans to refurbish the house into a beautiful property.