30% Does Not Match Any Know Species
Controversial UFO enthusiast Jaime Maussan has presented what he claims are mummified alien remains to Mexico’s Congress. The two tiny corpses were found in a diatom mine in Peru. Carbon dating shows they are over 1,000 years old.
A recent DNA analysis found that 30% of the figures’ DNA does not match any known species. Maussan argues this proves they are extraterrestrial. The other 70% of DNA has not been revealed.
The figures have three-fingered hands, no teeth, and contain rare metals like cadmium and osmium. A team of doctors signed a letter declaring the remains were real organisms but did not confirm any extraterrestrial origin.
However, others are skeptical. A UFO expert suggests the remains may have been made from now-extinct animals 1,000 years ago for ritualistic purposes. Their skulls bear similarities to alpaca skulls.
The debate continues over whether this is definitive proof of alien life or an elaborate hoax. But the lack of confirmed extraterrestrial DNA leaves the mystery unsettled for now.